X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

flattworld Bela for xmas - aw yeah!!!

super big thanks to meerkat for the awesome swap that brought me a Bela Lugosi Dracula for xmas.

This figure has catapulted to the top ten of my favorite commercial figs. I really find it hard to believe this was release to the public with so many cool accessories and such fantastic attention to detail.

The portrait is fantastic, the textiles are fantastic, the body is fantastic, the coffin and accessories are fantastic. Hand sculpts, shoes, packaging - everything is super top notch. I am now doubly saddened to know that Mr. Flatt could not continue to manufacture more of these amazing figures in a public platform. If you ever come by these forums Charlie - thanks. This is one hell of a figure and a bang up job overall!!
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, it's a favorite of mine, too.
    There's a lot of love and commitment in that figure and its accessories.
    Love the coffin!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• artskull
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 14, 2010

After seeing pix here at the museum of Flattworld Dracula alongside Emce Frankie & Wolfman, I had to pic him up as a personal Christmas present to myself. WOW! Talk about a monster toy that stands out among the rest. The bat, the candle, the COFFIN! Everything about the Flattworld Bela Lugosi Dracula makes it a must get for monster toy fans.
      --
      ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• michael crawford
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 15, 2008

Charlee wasn't the only reason that Dracs was so cool - there were a couple more of us involved, both creatively and financially. And yes, the fact that we were able to produce that figure is one of the highlights of my life. So thanks for the kind words

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

The coffin is outstanding and inspired me to pick up a Mego sized tomb for the Mummy. Oddly enough i was just checking out Flatt's Dracula. I bought it for $40 at Spencer Gifts years ago.

Did the people who invested into Flatt's figures make any money or break even?
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

I can't pass these up when I see them. I've got 5 Bela's, 4 Uncle Sam's, and 3 of the 9/11 Firefighter figures. I've pieced a couple out for parts, but mainly I like to stare at them complete in the box.
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah.

I gottem too.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 15, 2010

That figure was so far ahead of it's time. Love it!
                sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 10, 2004

Bela is still 1 of my fav figures. Good job to everyone involved.

Comment

• michael crawford
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 15, 2008

Originally posted by Chris
                    The coffin is outstanding and inspired me to pick up a Mego sized tomb for the Mummy. Oddly enough i was just checking out Flatt's Dracula. I bought it for $40 at Spencer Gifts years ago.

Did the people who invested into Flatt's figures make any money or break even?
                    There were only two folks with any large scale monetary invesment - Cal Weaver and myself. There were a few smaller investors who largely broke even. Cal and I lost money, a lot for him and a pretty decent chunk for me. Frickin' Asian manufacturing reps...anyway, it was great while it lasted, and if I knew then all that I know now (and everyone I know now), it'd probably be a very different situation.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

The way you guys talk about him. I may have to pick one up.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

well Michael, having had investments that did not pan out for me - I feel for you. But, I am certainly glad that you and Cal took the chance. My gratitude goes out to all involved in this project, and I wish it had worked out for the better and we could have seen more figures like this at retail. I am glad to have the piece in my collection.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                          Home Of The Type3 Body
                          • Jan 18, 2005

Probably one of the best 1/9 scale figures ever released. He looks perfect with the EMCE monsters, almost like it is the same line.
                          LOOK
                          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍