X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

New Star Trek Hot Wheels ships

I just picked this up today. This was the only one that was left so that tells you how well these are flying off the shelves at the moment I am writing this. Now I want the Klingon Bird of Prey. As far as the other ships I could not care less about them personally. I was surprised this one was still on the shelf when I got there.

The cost was $13.00 plus tax.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Whoa, sweet. I was wondering when those were coming out. How big is it exactly? Looked tiny in the first pics I saw online.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
      Career Member
      • Jul 6, 2006

Very cool. I have seen them on ebay lately, haven't seen any in person yet. Where did you find it? I am hoping the series lasts longer than Johnny Lightning did. They kept making the same ships over and over. I already have several Enterprise A's. I found the BOP in the slightly larger scale on fao.com for only $15. What I really want are the other Enterprises, B,C,E. Along with DS9 station.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Wow me wantee
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

I really like the way they look. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these. Wow!
          Sammy

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Whoa, sweet. I was wondering when those were coming out. How big is it exactly? Looked tiny in the first pics I saw online.
            I just looked all over the package and could not see any thing about the size or scale. I did just measure the package to give you a rough idea of the size. The package is 8" long and the height is approx. 4.5". This is just the size of the package though. I hope this helps you build an image in your mind atleast of the size of the ship inside the box. The ship is not micro although it is not real big either by any standards.

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
              Where did you find it?
              I found this at a local Target store. I have not checked Wally's aka (Wal-Mart) lately to see if they have them yet or not. I will keep everyone posted as to if and when I find more in my area. I remember first seeing something about these ships advertised on http://hotwheelscollectors.com I am a Red Line Club member there. I have not looked lately, but I would imagine that one could order these online from the website? I will check it out and post the link if I find one.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

I just checked over at http://hotwheelscollectors.com It does not appear that HW is selling them on their site at least not as of yet. All the site states basically is that these ships are "Transporting to retail stores in mid-April". As if we did not already know that now. The big three will carry them. Wal-Mart, Toys R US and of course Target (where I found mine today) You can find more about the ships at this link here.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/s...line/StarTrek/

This picture shows the scale although it is too small to see or make out.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/L...rTrek&sid=2496

Good luck collectors! Be sure to post any new news as well as your finds.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

wow, that looks awesome!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

I saw two of these at a comic store today, but did not buy since I have some pre-ordered. I hope there will be more waves coming down the line. If not, I find it ironic that they show the TOS Enterprise on the package art, but it doesn't appear to be offered. What I've seen mentioned so far is TMP/II Enterprise, new movie Enterprise, Reliant, Bird of Prey, Ent-D, Saratoga from DS9 (reliant re-paint), Romulan from new movie, and a few re-paints for battle damage (I've never liked that option, I like a clean model).
                    It's all good!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that it was really hard not buying it since they look great in person. They look a lot sturdier than the Johnny Lightning stuff.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 6, 2006

I bought the Enterprise A, actually the refit, yesterday at Target for $12.99. It is more than doubled the size of the Johnny Lightning ship. If I can figure out how to post pix in the thread I will post some pix.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Sweet.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                            Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that it was really hard not buying it since they look great in person. They look a lot sturdier than the Johnny Lightning stuff.
                            Yeah, I would imagine when and if I do find any more that I will go ahead and buy them even if I do not like the other ships. I am sure someone out there in the collecting community would appreciate having one of the others that I do not personally care for.

Comment

• tomstoyz2
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2007

That's awesome! I would like to have the "Next Generation" Enterprise & the Birds of Prey also.
                              CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
                              BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
                              Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍