X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Gerry Anderson toy question - Zero-X

Was just watching Thunderbirds Are Go (I haven't seen it for ages) and thought the Zero-X seemed very familiar ...

I kept thinking about it, and I could swear back in the 70's I had a Zero-X diecast toy ... or perhaps a knock-off facsimile.

Even though the real Zero-X was blue/grayish, I remember my toy being a metalic green.

My questions are ... did Corgi or Dinky make a Zero-X diecast back in the 70's ?

Also, if one of them did make one, was it released for general sale in the US ?
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Project Sword a pre-runner to JR21 Rosenthal made a Zero X. Its very rare and sort after now. I found a youtube of it, so you can see what it looks like.

YouTube - ZERO-X THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO VINTAGE TOY 1967 Gerry Anderson PROJECT SWORD

Clem

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Wow !!!
      That is neat.
      Wonder what it sell for today ?

Not the one I had though.
      Mine was probably no more then 9" long.

Comment

• Emgee
        • May 5, 2009

PROJECT SWORD was a whole fictional concept that Gerry Anderson's merchandising and publishing teams created to sell books, comics and toys based on vehicles seen therein. It was not a prerunner or rival company to JR21 Rosenthal toys. As the commentary says on the YOU TUBE thing this toy came out after the Rosenthal THUNDERBIRDS toys in early 1967. It was produced by them just as they became Century 21 Toys. In answer to the other question there were no Dinky die-cast toys of ZERO-X.

Project Sword Toys Moonbase Central: October 2009

Here is a whole site dedicated to the PROJECT SWORD line and concept for those who want to learn more.
        Last edited by Emgee; Oct 18, '09, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

Thanks Emgee,

Appreciate your input.

Clem

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢