Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Creeper for the Mego Meet custom contest.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

The Creeper for the Mego Meet custom contest.

well, my kid pulled off another one.

He wanted to build the monster/gargoyle from the slasher film, Jeepers Creepers.

He used my custom Calibos head, and re-tooled it.
    He used XMen Storm to get his pony tail and the decapitated head.
    He used McFarlane Gene Simmons to get the wings.
    Got all the clothes (friar tuck robe, frankenstein body suit).
    Dunno what all the other stuff is to be honest (too much beer right now).

• Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Great use of your Calibos head and the McFarlane wings, your son has a good eye for this sort of stuff.
    I like the Jeepers Creepers movies, so I really like this one
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• spamn
      Minty and All-Original!
      • Mar 28, 2002

Really dug this one when I saw it in the lineup - great work for a quickie!

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

thanks folks! He really surprised me on this one...one minute, he is giving a base coat of paint (AFTER he figured out a nice paint mixture of Black, White and Green)...to me receiving picture text messages while in the Mego Suite at 12am of detailed teeth and eyes painted! I really didn't know he could do that.
        When the fig was in contest, I really don't think too many people knew it wasn't just something conjured up. Jeepers Creepers isn't really a movie for everyone LOL

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I didn't realize The Creeper by done by your son! What an incredibly talented young lad he is. I thought that was terrific and wonderfully inspired for a choice of custom.

I really loved seeing how so many parents and kids were able to use this as a event to bond over. I have no doubt that Megomeet will survive well into this century given the enthusiasm I saw from the next generation of Mego-heads attending the meet.

I don't know if it would be possible, but if we also scheduled the Mego Racing earlier in the evening it would be a great event for kids to participate in using their new custom figures.

Imagine the Creeper taking out the Green Goblin next year!
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

That is a very well done figure. The movies were really neat, and this custom captures the feel and look of those. Sean's creativity is off the hook at an early age. He's got the eye for this, so keep feeding him with custom fodder.

Scott
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Random Axe
              That is a very well done figure. The movies were really neat, and this custom captures the feel and look of those. Sean's creativity is off the hook at an early age. He's got the eye for this, so keep feeding him with custom fodder.

Scott
              Thanks Scott! Double thanks for taking him under your wing and talking. He absorbed a lot from you guys.
              Within 2 hours of being home, he was re-arranging his room...setting up a work table...getting every part in our house into one location...and starting on the figure you and he discussed. As awesome of a paintjob you did on that head for him, I think he is going to make two of those figures. he took a bald conan head, and started sculpting hair and a beard. Before I went to bed, he was done baking and already onto painting.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎