Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChitownVin
    • Dec 27, 2007

Mattel Aircraft Carrier

Hey all "Noob" to your site and have had a blast looking through the toys. I have been buying my sons basically every kick-a@% toy I had when I was a kid. They are 6 & 9 and have Big Jim assorted stuff, Evel Knievel stunt cycles, a boat load of TCR Racing (My FAVE!!)., they think all of my intellivision games, to quote my 9 year old, "Man these are BAD!!".

For X-Mas one year I got a Grey Plastic Mattel (I am almost positive) Aircraft carrier that lauched two Baby blue Corsairs with spinable props. There was an entire line of the these rubber band launched planes because I also got a blue angel one that summer. If any one has any clue or even a picture of this toy that would be awesome... I have searched and searched and actually think I might be crazy and that this toy didn't exist.

Oh BTW, I just talked to Mom and and she claims to have found my Firefox RC car in its orig box in the attic. That would be a good one hope the batteries weren't left in there....

Hope all had a great New Year and I have some cool pics of my Boys playing with the Big Jim Airplane that I bought them in 2007 its a hoot to see that thing in the living room!!!

Any feedback on that aircraft carrier would be schaweet....

Vince
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

sorry bro don't know what aircraft that is,but welcome to the boards
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Welcome...no doubt someone here will give you an answer or point you in the right direction.
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think you're talking about the old "Flying Aces" set.

Mattel Superstar Christmas Fun Book I sweathogs I Vertibird I 1976 Catalog I Plaidstallions.com

I remember a really big aircraft carrier launcher for them. And you could buy the planes separately. They were a spongy sort of material. I had a Battlestar Galactica one when I was a kid; it was like the launcher in the pic, but had two Vipers and a cover that folded down over the runway which made it look like the launch bay on the Galactica.

Don C.

Comment

• SteveD
          • Jan 2, 2008

Vince,

I had one of those carriers but I'm afraid I can't help much. Mine was gray plastic with a yellow (I think it was yellow) "shift-lever" looking thing on the side that would launch the planes off the carrier. My planes were light gray spongy jets.

It was pretty big as I remember, maybe 24 - 30" long?

Comment

• Max Deployment
            • Jan 18, 2008

Hey, all. I did a Google search for this exact toy and ended up here. It's not the "Flying Aces" toy shown in the linked catalog, but it's similar. I remember the carrier and the Corsairs (my favorite plane; TV's Baa Baa Black Sheep was popular then); I got mine for Christmas in about 1975 or 1976.

All I remember about the name was it was something Aces. I keep thinking it was Air Aces or Aero Aces or something alliterative like that. (I'm pretty sure it's not Aqua Aces; that was my swim team.)

Comment

• NavyToys
              • Mar 10, 2008

Flying Aces Aircraft Carrier

The carrier you are looking for is a 1975 Mattle Model#9375, Attack Carrier Flag Ship w/2 flying ace planes. The catapolt works off of rubber bands and the planes do fly. My brother has one in the original box, only opened and looked at never assembled or played with, all pieces including the 2 Corsair planes, decals, everything still wrapped in original packaging. He got it for Christmas in 1975 and just decided to save it and has had it ever since.

Comment

• Miltrez
                • Mar 31, 2008

Originally posted by NavyToys
                The carrier you are looking for is a 1975 Mattle Model#9375, Attack Carrier Flag Ship w/2 flying ace planes. The catapolt works off of rubber bands and the planes do fly. My brother has one in the original box, only opened and looked at never assembled or played with, all pieces including the 2 Corsair planes, decals, everything still wrapped in original packaging. He got it for Christmas in 1975 and just decided to save it and has had it ever since.
                Thank you for that valuable information. Is there any chance of a picture of that so I could see if it really is the one I remember? It does sound like it, i remember shooting the jet model ones off it and they would just go forever. Pics? Pretty please!!!?!?!?!/

Comment

• pixlie
                  • Apr 3, 2008

Flying Aces

The earlier post is correct. I had one as well and is indeed a Mattel Flying Aces Aircraft Carrier.

There is currently one on Ebay if you care to check it out.

Comment

• Beatnik
                    Museum Patron
                    • Apr 2, 2008

Flying Aces:

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡