It’s a great mix of new vs vintage on today’s episode. We not only discuss the new Bifbangpow announcements and World’s Greatest Toys author Benjamin Holcomb climbs aboard to discuss Figures KISS line with us. Ben then shares with us an interview with former Mego warehouse manager Ray Demato and wow, does this guy have a memory! Some wonderful insight is given about the World’s Greatest Toy company.
- Scott and Brian discuss all the wonderful things that BifBangPow has added to the Entertainment Earth site this week including Six Million Dollar Man, Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who items.
- Brian remembers the Android Sisters mostly because they were on the Battlestar gum card series.
- The sight of Oscar Goldman’s briefcase made both guys happy.
- Listeners called in with their thoughts on the KISS figures
- Benjamin did not share Brian’s enthusiasm for this film (Come on! Did you see Peter Criss kick Frankenstein?)
Auction Watch Segment
- Both the guys were drooling over this amazing Kenner Six Million Dollar Man Store Display on ebay
In the Ray Demato Interview
- Ray recalls that this electronic game by Mego had a lot of issues
- He also mentions that these figures exploded
- Ray Demato worked at the Bohemia, Long Island Warehouse that more than one Mego fan has made the voyage to this “Toy Mecca”. The first person to attempt a visit was Mego collector John Bonavita with his “Tales of the Legendary Mego Warehouse visit”
- Years later, Megoheads Dan and Bill make the trek and actually get inside the legendary facility. [nggallery id=18]